FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Elephant, Weimar, Germany (pre-2018 discussion)
Old Feb 10, 2006, 1:27 am
LH738

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
LH738: I've enjoyed your posts over the years, and now I feel we have finally connected, as you appear to be following our footsteps to the Lily Palmer Suite. What wonderful memories you brought back to my wife and me after a stay at this superb property in September. Mrs. Life_Platinum said that you must have been the first customer that was assigned to "our suite" after we left all the bread crumbs from our lunches served with the same bottle of Chilean wine. It must have taken the hotel months to pick up all these crumbs in the living room that you showed us. We looked on your photo page, but could not see your evaluation--did this hotel get a score of 100 LH738 units? We are planning to be at a hotel that you previously stayed at in the far east, and are relying on knowing how we should interpret your scores based on the Elephant. I'm surprised you didn't take a picture of the fine French champagne that was served at the buffet breakfast, as it was one of the most memorable breakfasts we have had.

Then there was the very East Germanic desk clerk who told me that no matter what Starwood said, her supervisors word in the back office spoke the word of god when it came to how many Starwood points we would get!

Thanks again for your wonderful post and look forward to seeing pictures of your other stays.

Yes, we would go back to the Elephant in a heartbeat!
I followed your 'breadcrumb trail' (as in the fairy tale Hänsel and Gretel) through Weimar until I arrived in the wonderful hotel. Good to know you had a great time there. Don't worry the suite is clean/in a good condition for you and Mrs. Life_Platinum to return again. Actually, we should keep the hotel as a secret for us to return...
The public areas are also very charming (e.g. restaurants) and I also enjoyed to sit there and "celebrate" the excellent breakfast (French champagne, a lot of (fresh) juices, high quality of the food).

You had a too thourough look at my overview page and detected that I was too lazy with my latest reviews in order to complete the evaluation (~90%)... still some homework ...