FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Immigration Exit Controls in Canada/Toronto?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 5:23 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by okko
I flew out of YOW 10 days ago, certainly no exit control.

However, the US immigration at YOW was harrassing me big-time - it started because I still had that green stub from the Visa Waiver form. I should've given it to the Canadian immigration when entering Canada (from the US) - so I guess it was my mistake.

It was the 4th time over the last 10 weeks I entered the US, and this time the procedure took ca 20 mins. Well, maybe it's the blue-eyed, simple Finnish peasants with their Finnish passports travelling to the US to visit friends who pose the threat now.

Although I like visiting the US and understand their immigration procedures to an extent, I have decided to postpone futher leisure travel to the US for a while.

I guess this was off-topic, but it certainly made me feel better...
Perhaps filing a statement with your foreign ministry, local political representative and local press would be helpful too.

We Americans may be spied upon by our own government without a warrant, but we are not listened to in the ways some of us used to be listened to in the recent past. And when it comes to trying to make America the welcoming place that serves our material interests, this is unfortunately no exception.

Can't say I blame you. (For 2007, I'm likely to clear HEL immigration more than any single airport's US immigration. I hope they prove more welcoming. )