FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My way back on nwa
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:34 pm
ClimbGuy

thanks dhast, and fyi I was an nw silver about a year ago, but I fly DH more and more because of their price and service. As for picking up customers, DH pax from dtw will look to nw, and really why piss off any potential customer. I am a few miles short of the award flight i want on nw and after that i plan on avoiding them. There is no way you can tell me that it makes sense to piss off any customer, from the plat elites to the occasional flyer. NW needs all the biz they can get.

Originally Posted by DHAST
Cause he said so down below, and if you follow his posting history, you can pretty much tell that he isn't an elite on anybody.

Well, I'm not sure that NW is considered strong competition for FlyI pax -- probably on equal footing with CO and DL. It seems that UA and US/HP would be more likely choices for displaced FlyI pax. Further, if FT is any indication, I'm guessing that most pax that flew DH regularly flew them on certain routes specifically and flew "the competition" on the rest -- IOW, they already have a "home" carrier.