FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Honors versus Marriott Rewards
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2006, 4:26 am
troyintn

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DjBoomer
I made Marriott Plat for next year. I'll end up with about 180 nights at Marriott. Next year I have a choice to stay at the Marriott or stay at a Hilton. My question is which one would you go with and why? Which one out ways the other? Thanks in advance for your help
I would choose Marriott, only because of lifetime plat, at 1,000 nights. I like Hilton, and think the difference between Plat and Diamond is the same. My issues are Marriott has plat premier, & lifetime plat. They worry about the super travelers. I have never had any issues with Hilton. Any time I call I get what I want period! I do wish though they had something for high level and lifetime status. I average 150 nights a year at hilton, Mostly stay at HI or ES. I choose Hilton, mostly because of the locations I stay at and have never had a reason to leave. They have taken good care of me not great, but good. My other fear is the 1m hh points that I have, Diamond has no blackout dates. I use that a lot, New years at the Waldorf and Indy 500, etc. As I stated earlier Hilton has always given me what I wanted.

Last edited by troyintn; Jan 7, 2006 at 4:36 am