FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - On Line Booking Bonus - 2nd lot posted
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:26 pm
Radioman

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by YetAnotherFrequentFlyer
When you book each night separately, do you do anything special when you check in or out? Do you have to check out each morning and back in each evening, or simply check in once and let the computers sort it out?
Hi
I will answer this and also the one from smart.

The only thing that I do when I check in is make the hotel aware that I have made seperate reservations. I dont have to check out each morning unless I am in a differant type of room and I have to move for this reason only (only happend once).

The staff are usually very good and as I said before the worst thing that happens is that the key for the room is only valid for one day. I usally just check this when I return to the hotel that evening.

As for anyone questioning me about this, the only thing that I have had is people just making sure that I am booked in for the extra days. They will combine the bill, but I always get the points.

Another thing that you can get is some really good prices. For instance I have booked a hotels on a Friday for the next week and been given a rate of £69 per night for the week.

When I do the same booking but split it into seperate nights I can then use the 3 day advance purchase and this can result in a £10 saving per night. I use this for stays where I know that I am not changing hotel and especially when I am booking at short notice.

Also have noticed that sometimes you can book at say a £69 per night rate but again if booking seperate you may get the same room for £65 on other nights.

I always say check the individual nights prices and use the 3 day advance purchase (this is good if you want to stay at a higher grade hotel if you have a travel budget).

Anyway thats about it. Hope it helps you out.

regards