FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! I need help from the ladies!
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:31 pm
Martinis at 8

Originally Posted by SirFlysALot
Thanks! We did that this summer! We took a thousand mile trip to Omaha, NE in a 40 year old car with no air conditioning. The average temp was 104. It was not a smashing success for her!. But I enjoyed it!

Your other ideas are great and worth looking into!

Well No... They always get me books, DVDs and a new "something I already have which works fine and I didn't really need another one".
But it was in a like-new pick-up truck! Too funny! Did you have dog in the truck bed or did he get to ride up front?

Actually the romantic weekend trips really work as nice gifts even if you have to suffer through a metrosexual performer like Neil Diamond or Tom Jones . My opinion on the trinkets is just let her buy them when she wants them. It's been my experience that women seem to look askew at men who can pick out the right type of jewelry or shoes for them. But whatever gift you give her, do not forget the card! We've been married 23 years and are pretty well past the gift giving soap opera for birthdays and Christmas where it concerns trinkets and tangibles.

M8