FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 14: Opinion on individual forum communities & collective FT community
Old Oct 15, 2005, 1:56 pm
Radioman

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by mbstone
There are some localities on FT that aren't for me, and some that are. For example, the appeal of Luxury Hotels escapes me -- as Tom Bodett says, when you turn off the lights, we look just like those biig, fancy hotels. (But Motel 6 is usually more expensive than a 3* hotel purchased on Priceline.)

I can think of other examples of boards I don't frequent very much. I've never flown on QF or CX. But the big secret of FT is that we're more than frequent flyers. We're (on the average and as a whole) brighter, hipper, and wittier than denizens of other BBSes -- travel makes us that way.

Hi
I am the same, some forums I keep in my favorites, others I will glance into and then the rest I will very rarley visit or not visit at all as they are "currently" of no interest to me.

Please note I use the word "currently" as things are always changing in the travel industry and even in life so you should really never say never.

regards
RadioMan