FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 14: Opinion on individual forum communities & collective FT community
Old Oct 15, 2005, 8:24 am
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe that each forum has its own unique identity & its own unique userbase. I don't see any problem with this. I believe that the Community forums are great forums & I'm glad they exist. However, each forum will always have its own "sub-community" - the people that regularly travel on a certain airline or stay at a certain hotel will create bonds with other travelers that use their suppliers since those are the people whose posts they will probably reply to or read the most. It's natural. I don't see any issue with forums having subcommunities. As Oz pointed out, the DL forum recently started its own community-based thread - from what I can tell, it's something that benefits the membership of FlyerTalk & benefits the regular posters in that forum - nothing wrong with that. He also said that he didn't think the UA mods would "allow" that sort of thread - maybe there isn't a need for that thread - maybe there is. The only way to find out is to try it out & see where it goes.