FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GSO losing Mainline service at end of 2005
Old Sep 16, 2005, 3:39 pm
longing4piedmont

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
I posted this on another web site, and it has been too long and trying a week to write something new here. US is making it very difficult for me to consider coming back and supporting them........

This confirms a fear I have had for a long time. GSO for years enjoyed service at a level that would not have existed had in not been so close to the HQ of PI. With each passing year, those ties grew more distant. Now that the move is about to take place to Tempe I was afraid that some one was going to pull the plug. This is where I have spent over twenty years flying out of. This is going to be like losing a very close friend.

One of my greatest concerns is for the employees of this station who have always been the best. Even with the EO, there are still several 20 year plus employees here. My guess is they now have to go express with express wages.

Second, the ladies in the Club were very good friends and always willing to help. And not just the frequent members. I've watched for years how they made newbies feel right at home. My guess while it lasts, is that this is the only station that will be all express to have a club.

Third, they have handed this market to DL on a platter. DL didn't even have to make an effort. They simply just handed to them. One of these days the Barbie jets will come back to bite all who have used them.

I am truly sorry to read of this and wish the best to all my friends who work there.