FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American West Express/Mesa Air FA's
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2005, 5:02 pm
enviroian
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy
As a HP plat, I obviously spend more than my share of time in the air. The almost all of my travel is one mainline planes.

This morning, I flew on one of the RJ's and was really turned off by the FA annoucement banter. All of the usual announcements were accompanied by the FA's personal commentary and included things that apparently the FA found funny or at least amusing.

Now, I started my day very early on a mainline jet and connected to the RJ for my last leg. When I got on the plane, it didn't take me long to remember how cramped these are (I hadn't been on one since the F seats were removed). It was hot while we were sitting in PHX and I admit, I was feeling a bit cranky.

However, I found the banter (a la Southwest) extremely unprofessional. (i.e. "for those of you that havent been in a car since 1960, to fasten your seatbelt....."). The announcements may be stupid but if those are the regulations, just do what you are suppossed to do.

Is this typical of Mesa Air or just one of those crews?

I obviously was not amused but maybe I am too stiff.
You know, funny you should mention this. I feel the same way everytime I'm on a HPEX jungle jet. The last flight I was on last month from Dallas the f/a offered similiar, extraneous banter I found not amusing. She was mixing the safety demo with jokes (like you said, ala WN) and wasn't amused in the slightest. Granted, having a 1/2" of cushion for your butt doesn't help the situation either