FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 333 - Is it Mini-J Cabin or J Mini-Cabin?
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:54 pm
Elited

Programs: AP*E SPG*G
Question 333 - Is it Mini-J Cabin or J Mini-Cabin?

I'm scheduled on two 333 (YVR-YYZ/YYZ-YVR) flights in a couple of days and am trying for an U/G on both flights. I've noticed the 333 on both flights is the 7-row J type with the 'mini-cabin' for rows 7 & 8 (no row 6 in AC's numbering).

I've only ever flown in the front 'main' J cabin after another UG about a year ago on AC's 333 so haven't seen this mini-cabin but reading on the threads here and on SeatGuru, it seems there are some negative opinions of this mini-cabin. I'm seeing comments like: "smaller seat pitch than the normal cabin", "used as a playground for FAs", etc.

However, I can't seem to find anything definitive for the following:

Just how much smaller is the seat pitch for this section (i.e. is this really "Mini-J" rather than a mini-cabin of J )?

Is there an actual bulkhead or a curtain or what between this section and the main Y section? None of the seat maps seem to show anything there.

When looking for what seats show available in J on my flights with ITN I see only this section available for window seats otherwise it's middle seats for the front section.

I'm hesitant to book in a middle seat given there isn't any overhead storage from what I have read and am likely going to have to bring all my luggage as carry-on as I've booked for the patented Terminal-to-Bus-to-Terminal-to-Customs-to-Security-to-Bus-to-Terminal AC service for a transborder Jazz flight with a tight connection in YYZ.

Anyone been in this area on a recent flight or otherwise have any opinions?