FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great deal gourmet lunches
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2005, 9:49 pm
Pickles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by TR35R
Let me introduce my favorite Ramen shop... Check this out!
That's way out West, in a gaijin-free zone. Why not head to one of the Jangara Ramen shops in town? There's one in Tameike-Sanno and another one in Harajuku. Some more places. I give no specific addresses or further information, keep the chase part of the fun:

Morita-ya, in the 35th floor of the Marubiru. Old-style Kyoto beef restaurant. 200g steak, soup, rice, salad, pickles, for 1800 yen.
Musashino Ginza-ten. Ginza 8. Tai-chazuke, sashimi, ebi shinjo age. 2000 yen for lunch.
Zakuro. Location in Ginza 3, and Toranomon, across from the US Embassy. Excellent lunches, 1600-2000 yen. Best one is the 1600 wakadori kuwayaki chicken with tomato salad.
Taihei. Ryotei across the US Embassy, Saikyo-yaki set lunch, 1200 yen.
Kifune. Ginza 8 fugu ryotei. Very famous restaurant. At lunch, has selection of great lunches (including a small dessert) from 1,000 to 2,000 yen.
Noboritei. Various places. Eel restaurant, very famous.
Kanda kikukawa. Eel restaurant, in Kanda. Very old style.
Honda. Kita-Aoyama 2. Italian. Appetizer, main course, dessert, coffee/tea in a high-end setting, excellent food. 2,100 yen for lunch.
Maisen. Old-style Tonkatsu in Jingu-mae. Nothing more expensive than 2,000 yen. Extensive menu with pictures.

These are the ones that come to mind. Others will suddenly appear in my memory bank, and I'll edit this post to add them.

Last edited by Pickles; Sep 4, 2005 at 12:22 am