FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great deal gourmet lunches
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2005, 12:14 pm
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great deal gourmet lunches

I've been wanting to ask this for a while, but the post discussing Hotel restaurant buffets has finally spurred me into doing it.
I've been taking notes for some time from your posts on great places to get a truly magnificent lunch... 'cheaply' (under 2,500yen).
As we'll be in Tokyo as tourists, the plan is to eat our main meal during the day and eat... well, anything in the evenings - just as any guidebook would suggest.
So far, the recommendations that have jumped out at me are:
(from Pickles)
Tonki – outside Meguro Station Their set menus are about Y1500 (Pork, pork, pork and all the rice you can eat)

6th floor of the Marubiru, across from Tokyo station. (unknown name), but it is the one on the far right once you get off the escalator. They serve traditional Japanese fare, the best gindara (a fish) I've ever had. World class. Lunch, 1,200 yen

(And from Calcifer)
Wakiya – weekday lunchtime (11:30-14:30) 6-11-10 Akasaka, Minato-ku (1,500 – 2,100)

Took me a while to get the information (I knew how to get there, but not the name of the place or address)
Here's my favourite place to eat in Tokyo: http://www.flyertalk.com/reviews/rev...?review_id=181
good prices at Lunchtime AND at dinner.

This sort of advice is better than gold to me. Does anybody else have any favourite finds?

PLEASE SEE SCHOFLYER'S ADVICE - POST No. 21

Click for Instructional video on the art of using chopsticks - and I stress the word Art.

Last edited by LapLap; Sep 13, 2008 at 9:39 am