FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation
Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:20 pm
Matthewski

If you have read any of my previous comments on this property, you know the Housekeeping staff ignoring the DND signs has been a persistent problem for me.
solution last trip : DND sign, and a note stating "LATE CHECK-OUT, Do Not Disturb until at least 4:00 PM, any questions, call ext 4374"

BTW, 4374 is the ambassador desk guest relations manager, Karen Waryas, and she knows about the housekeeping staff's difficulty with obeying DND

As is the case at other hotels, the housekeepers at the IC get to go home after they finish their assigned rooms and/or a certain number of rooms. They seem especially eager to do this at the expense of my sleep.

also, I know I am not the only one to whom this has happened to (repeatedly), so please take the time to inform the Guest Relations at check-out, or via email - [email protected] she forwards these on to the GM, (hopefully), and maybe someday someone will take notice and take action.

Originally Posted by aw
You guys are great. Thanks for the advice. I have heard that housekeeping at this property ignore the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign and are notorious for waking up customers and showing up at the most unexpected times.

Now my choices will be narrowed down between Chicago or New Orleans for a wknd getaway.