FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Olympia Park, Munich, Germany, LEAVING SPG 23 Oct '16 [Master Thread]
Old Aug 1, 2005, 5:46 pm
EWC-JMU

Liked the FP Olympiapark

Counsellor, agreed. Very easy to get to central Munich via U-Bahn. Ten or fifteen minute ride. I would just add that some may find the area of town the hotel is in to be a bit dodgy. But my wife and I weren't bothered at all when we were there last year.

Slightly OT, but I wonder what the future of the hotel is with FC Bayern München moving out of Olympic Stadium to Allianz Arena (and presumably taking most if not all big matches in Munich to the new stadium too). I may be overestimating the effect, but I remember seeing "Football Weekend" packages through the FP Olympiapark advertised a lot. Of course, it's not like the hotel has a major auto manufacturer's plant right close by or anything.

Originally Posted by Counsellor
It's a relatively easy commute from the Oktoberfest and from central Munich, if you use public transportation.

From the Oktoberfest (Theresienwiese), take the U-4/U-5 subway from the Theresienwiese stop in the direction of the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) for three stops (you'll go past, but not get off at, Hauptbahnhof) and get off at Odeonsplatz, then change (underground) to the U-3 in the direction of the Olympic Park (Olympiazentrum). Get off at the last stop, Olympiazentrum, and you are an easy walk from the hotel.

From downtown (central Munich) you can catch the U-3 at Marienplatz or at Odeonsplatz, go in the direction of the Olympic Park (Olympiazentrum), get off at the last stop, and you are an easy walk from the hotel.

Some folks find the hotel nice, others are put off because it is the top floors of an office building (I think) and a bit counter-intuitive to find. I've stayed there and found the service to be great!