FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning HP miles on BA transatlantic flights
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:28 am
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SS255
That's terrific news! Thanks. I'm in the upstairs cabin on a 744 in both directions, so I'm really excited. I also have a 4-hour layover in LHR on the outbound - looking forward to spending some quality time in the Terrace lounge! Will I be able to bring in a guest with my C ticket?
No, you won't be able to invite anyone into the lounge unless they are a One World elite member (or, of course, traveling with you in CW).

With a four-hour layover, if you are interested in a 20 minute massage, when you arrive at the LHR Terraces lounge complex (Terminal 4, near Gate 10), head down to the lower level to the Moulton Brown Spa and sign up for a massage. It's first-come, first-served, so with that much time you shouldn't have a problem getting a slot.

One issue that will require some planning on your part: You will fly into LHR Terminal 4; the HAM flight departs from Terminal 1. There are nice Terraces Lounges at T1, but the Moulton Brown Spa is at T4. So, if you want to go there (which I'd suggest with that much of a layover), when you get off the plane, you'll go through a security scrrening. Follow signs to T4 connections, rather than T1 connections. That will put you into the middle of T4. You can go to the lounge and spa complex for a couple of hours, then to transfer to T1. Ask the lounge agent how to get there staying airside.