FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adding a second driver?
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:49 am
LAX UA 1K

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
There is also no charge for a second driver if you are a member of AAA. I often reserve using the AAA rate, so not sure if that is also a requirement.
If you and the other driver are AAA members, they generally allow free second driver no matter what rate you are on (they can waive the fee as an exception). The additional driver can be added at the time of rental or later at any Hertz location but both the primary and secondary driver must appear together to sign the additional driver form.

In cases where my additional driver is not with me at pickup, I try to use a convenient city location to do the addition (or en route location for a one-way drive). Most locations I've done this at are familiar with the process. They do not need access to the original rental agreement in the system; they can print the additional driver form for you manually.

I am not aware of an official way to add an additional driver who is not present (other than those who do not require a signature), but perhaps if you have all the details some locations will do it for you.

Charles