FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The End Is Nigh
Thread: The End Is Nigh
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2005, 4:37 pm
mid

Programs: DL Gold Medallion
I hope FLYi stays around....

Originally Posted by IADMCO
I have flown iAir on many, many ocassions--enough to have earned 4 free flights and 75% of the way to a 5th, and with the VERY low fares you can guess how many flights that is.

The one troubling thing with iAir is the seemingly endless state of being disorganized. The gate areas often look like a warzone.

The gate attendants all seem endlessly flustered, and their customer service skills, quite frankly, stink.

As I fly the same flights regularly, I see the same staffing issues week after week, after week. It never changes....

I'd love iAir to last--namely because the flights are cheap--and as an owner of a small business that helps me tremendously. But, they need to show some improvement, and they just haven't.

I've contacted customer service many times, and they just give me lip service--and aren't even good at that, to be honest.

Between the lack of improvement and the fear of them running out of money, and stranding me someplace, I have begun looking to other airlines for bookings in the next few months.

Maybe I'll try them again, but they really need to improve.
They have almost single-handedly reduced the prices for flights out of IAD to BOS. Since I'll be commuting to BOS each week for school on my own dime this fall, I really need for these guys to stick it out.

Maybe they'll end up in perpetual CH.11 like UA. But I wish them the best.