FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why so expensive to Dallas?
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2002, 7:55 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Diamond Dog:
Why is it so expensive to fly from Orange County to Dallas? Usually its around $434.00.

I am not flying until March 25th, returning on the 27th. The fares are coming back at around $1,200.

My company's travel web page where I have to book all my travel shows Delta at around $400 and American at around $600.

I thought Texas was CO's home turf so the fare should be less expensive in that state. They typically have been before. Even to fly to Houston, its even more at around $1700! Thats their hub! And when I search for fares on their site it always tries to route me though Detroit instead of going direct!

If I fly Delta I have no status with them and I need the points with CO. Any recommendations on making this work. I have a little leadway in pricing, but I certainly can not justify double to the travel police at my company.

[This message has been edited by Diamond Dog (edited 02-25-2002).]
</font>
Now I see why you posted the topic Sneaky & Tricky..but would it work? . For crying out loud, what is so awful about flying HP? It's 300 bucks. Buy the reasonably priced ticket and stop trying to scam the airlines.

If you were flying a route with no low-fare competition, then your choice would be to pay lots of money or scam them. But SNA-DFW isn't one of those routes. Geez, if you need CO miles that badly, do a mileage run instead of a scam.