FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Booling: Worse than I could possibly imagine!
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:26 pm
Threy
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jenbel
Threy, but it isn't just these two destinations.. there are getting to be post after post after post detailing the problems many people have in booking award flights to many destinations over many time frames. While I could accept the mile burn-off/upgrade flurry to avoid the now hideous restrictions on upgrades from Y, there is a point where one has to realise that the award flights are just not there anymore...

Just another thing brought to us by our new "generous" program :rolleye:
Did some searches as well today and found availability to be comparable with the last months of FD to be honest.FB is certainly inferior to FD, but at least so far award bookings seem to be possible for a wide mixture of destinations and classes, including DXB, JFK, MXP, EDI and BKK and even CSA flights being offered.

Comparing the late FD with LH for example was still in favour of KLM, when it came to award availability, but I fear with those bigger airlines and schemes, supply and demand simply do not work out that good anymore.

Comparing KLM`s 2 million members and seat miles available on longhaul flights with the capacity relations of AF, now FB or LH shows us that AF and LH are certainly bigger , but have 3 or 4 as many as members and alliance partners, so I fear we were members of a very good FFP with FD...