FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Steel plate in body - TSA always requires full search
Old May 22, 2005, 7:38 am
Bart
Suspended

Originally Posted by red456
P.S., Bart, your signature does not correlate well with your postings. No criticism intended, just an observation.
Thanks. It's my outlook on life. Do the right thing, and if you step on someone else's toes, you can always ask for forgiveness. If you wait for permission, then you are surrendering your authority to make the decision. (Assuming you have legal authority to make that decision in the first place.) It also means that rules are nice, but sometimes they have to be challenged and even broken if it results in a greater good. But, you have to choose your battles wisely and have to accept the fact that with this approach comes lots of butt-chewings by bosses.

I'm in the hot seat right now for a decision I made a couple days ago. My co-workers are supporting me and worried that I may be placed on some sort of suspension or possibly even terminated. Given some of the situations I've been in during my military career, I'm not worried...it's only paper. However, my point is that with this approach must come a willingness to accept the consequences of decisions you make.

Not to sound macho, but once you've had the experience of surviving combat situations, everything else falls into perspective with amazing clarity.