FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Easy Transportation from SFO to SJC
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2005, 6:21 pm
Daringdoo

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by JS
One time I took public transit from SFO all the way to Monterey. I took the shuttle bus to the Millbrae station (this was before BART arrived), Caltrain to San Jose, and the Amtrak bus to Monterey. Grand total was around $15.

Just going to SJC, compared to $35 (plus tip? ) for a shuttle that may get stuck in traffic, and make as many stops as they feel like, I must say the train is the clear winner.

??? Are you kidding? I find it amusing that one should be so perturbed by something so menial as an alternate idea. There's no need, really.

Unless the OP is arriving in the afternoon (say between 3-7pm), chances are pretty good there won't be traffic issues (and yes I drive the 101 all the time).

I guess I'd rather spend the money than lug bags from pilar to post - just a preference on my part (I've never had more than 2 stops between home and sfo). There was a time when I'd rather save a few bucks in lieu of convenience, but I got over that some time ago

I'm all for those who want to save the money and give up time and convenience (I'm just not one of them), but that's why I gave the OP the info on both options.

DD