FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parents of Univ. of GA Graduates - Earn 9,999 Miles Free
Old May 9, 2005, 7:03 am
beofotch

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Yes,

That was one of the more embarassing moments during my tenure at UGA. However, Assistant Basketball Coach Jim Harrick Jr. and his father, Head Coach Jim Harrick are long gone and our basketball team is paying the price with the NCAA sanctions we have received. You won't see us in the big dance for a few more years.

Moreover, anyone who should chastize the University of Georgia's academic credentials should look into some of its rankings:

“U.S. News & World Report’s” 2003 Best Colleges edition ranks UGA 20th among national public research universities. “Kiplinger’s” magazine ranks UGA 4th among the nation’s top 100 public schools in the nation in terms of getting the best “bang for the buck.”

The latter can be exemplified by my experience. I, along with most of my in-state peers, received the hope scholarship. Basically if you graduated a Georgia High School with a 'B' average or better, and got admitted to UGA, Mean SAT & GPA: 1280 & 3.66, then you receive full tuition and a book allowance provided that you maintain a 3.0. Resultingly, I paid zero tuition for my four years and as a result of the top 20 undergraduate business program (MIS), I received seven job offers in my field of interest (Mgmt & IT Consulting). Thus, I along with Kiplinger, consider UGA an excellent "bang for my buck." Plus I got 19,999 extra ff miles, just for attending!

Originally Posted by 90minfromJFK-CDG
That's a pretty good course, but what about my all time favorite, "Basketball 101" (Coaching Principles and Strategies of Basketball) taught by Prof. Jim Harrick Jr.

Sample questions below:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...z?event_id=600

-go dawgs