FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parents of Univ. of GA Graduates - Earn 9,999 Miles Free
Old May 8, 2005, 9:30 pm
beofotch

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs up Parents of Univ. of GA Graduates - Earn 9,999 Miles Free

Hello All,

This is something I have reserarched and am under the impression will work, however it is not guarenteed. I hope it will work and seems fairly simple.

The University of Georgia Bulldog Bucks Card allows students, faculty, and staff to load money on their student ID card to buy things like printing, sodas, and food at the student union. You can use the bulldog bucks website to load money using a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card. There is no fee to load money on the card.

When a student graduates, they can fill out a form at the Bulldog Bucks Office to receive a check with whatever amount is in their account, with a $10 minimum to receive a check. The lady at the Bulldog Bucks office told me it takes about a week to get a check out. And checks cannot be issued until after the graduation date. You can then use this check to pay your credit card bill.

I have just done this process and found that the maximum the website is willing to let you put on your account is $9,999. So it is 9,999 miles for no fee. It would be nice if loading money on Bulldog Bucks qualified for any of the double miles promotions. I tested this with the United MileagePlus VISA and it ran through as a transaction, not a cash advance.

I know there is only a small target audience who can benefit, however I hope the same process may be able to be done at other colleges/universities in which FTers have upcoming graduates in.

Kind regards,

Beofotch