FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All CRJs!! I can't believe it ...
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2005, 4:54 pm
mac5192117

Programs: HP, UA, SW
RJ's

Originally Posted by Insiderdude
I fly the PHX/LAS-YYC route at least once a month (actually, SAN-YYC connecting through either hub). For the last 6 months the equipment have always been 319/320 or 733s. As a plat, that was great news because I'm 10/10 in upgrades. Booking a few months in advance, I notice that the YYC routes are all showing CRJs from mid-June on. What did they do with the larger planes and is this usual with AWA and with other routes?? No more F for the 3 hour flight - goodness, I'm already starting to think another airline ...

I fly SNA/LAS every week. AWA tried to convert this route to RJ's and the backlash was so great they eventually went back to 319/320/737 service. It must have been some recently hired MBA from Harvard that figured it works on paper so it will work in practice. AWA actually held a meeting for all the folks who travel this route regularly. There were about 75 people on the list. LAS is a vacation destination and most folks travel with bags, not just computer cases. Those MBA's can't figure this out. The level of complaints was unbelievable.

Keep complaining about the RJ's. AWA is listening. I have read on the AWA Yahoo message board that the contracts AWA has with MESA will not allow them to begin eliminating the RJ's for many years. Too bad. They need to go. They only make a miserable experience worse.