FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How can I earn more Marriott points?
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2005, 8:27 pm
Delta3MM

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
By "turn it in again" I was refering to what the other posters have said: that is the ability to turn the week in for points. The amount of points varies by property. There are some properties that can be turned in every year (most are every other year) and some >125K points/year.

And, although you said "other than staying at a marriott" - don't forget the bonuses for staying at a marriott. In addition to the 10 points per dollar, I get 3 points on my visa for every dollar spent, and additional 3 points for being plat and 500 points for each stay (plat arrival gift - I never select anything else). I also get this if I book multiple rooms (which I do sometimes, if I've got a large enough group...)

The timeshare presentation are another good source - I've racked up well over 100K on those alone over the years. Promo's ( like the mega bonus going on right now) and the pseudo saving Bonus Bucks (saves money on later stays - but gives me all the points) all add up.

It surprises me how fast they accumulate. And I amost never take anything other than a package with air miles (235K/250K/270K) points.

I miss the old award chart(s)! The 440K award for two 10 day stays and 240K miles on United .... Got me to the olymipics in sydney in First class!

Billy