FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wrong Meal Served
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2005, 7:40 am
mbmbbost

The other night I happened to be reading an article in this month's Attache magazine about the "fresh, tasty, easy to serve, ready to eat, and reasonably priced" In-flight Cafe meals. It goes on and on about the care and thought that has gone into this program. And it makes the point that they "have to find ways of offering something different every month, and that requires good planning and a bit of creativity." Then I hear the FA describe the meals they're selling. Some kind of hoagie, with goldfish crackers, raisins, and Oreo cookies. Goldfish, raisins and Oreos are the kind of thing anyone could keep in their carry-on for weeks. I wouldn't dream of calling those choices creative, or part of a "fresh, tasty," "gourmet" meal program. It would be so easy to do so much better with this. I could go buy the stuff at my local Costco, mark it up about triple, and it would still be way better... And then I was served my stale roll and roast beef sandwich in first class..along with an xoxo. I was so glad I'd brought along some leftovers from dinner the night before!