FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Construct and Book a Mileage Run
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2005, 3:01 pm
VPescado

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
Originally Posted by tc fly girl
My MR process steps are a little different; allow me to share:
While I don't want to imply that the method I give above is the "right" way, I do see some issues in your alternative.

Based on the way fares are calculated, there is no reason that your step four will do any better than random insertion of connection stations. Almost always, the fact that there is a cheap fare to city ABC has no effect on how it will effect the price of a route to another city when used as a connection point. In fact you would be just as well off trying to substitute random cities in as connections. The only thing that really matters is that the connection city is in the published routing - which is why I go through so much hassle to discover the routing. Otherwise you are essentially working in the dark. If you know the routing you can also find an itinerary which will really rack up the miles via a series of connections that you would likely never have thought of (e.g. having segments that are taking you the "wrong" way).

Thank you (and the others above . . .I mean the other posters above) for the kind works though.