FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thai Immigration introduces new TM arrival/departure card
Old Jan 21, 2005, 11:19 am
mcgahat

Programs: It's Complicated...
Obviously the most interesting thing about the new card is the income question. I read in the thaivisa forum they are going to try to verify this information at some point. I dont see how that is possible but who knows. I wonder if they are trying to cut down on financially challenged people coming into the country as they have enough there already. We all know that the immigration check point is merely a speedbump to the luggage area and I have never had a thai immigration person even look at me when processing my entry so getting into the country really has never been a challenge before for almost anyone.

As someone mentioned earlier......cash rules in Thailand so if they are going to try to be more restrictive on entry then it would fit their profile to base it on money. I dont see how they could do that without adding a visa process for a lot of countries and I dont know if that would make sense financially.

I will probably just leave it blank until they tell me to check a box.