FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First try at aadvantage shopping
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:36 am
jhereg

Programs: AA/IC
You didn't screw up

Originally Posted by POH
I used aadvantage shopping for the first time today. After I clicked through the link from aadvantageeshopping.com, there was no indication that the store I was in 'knew' I had come from AA. Same was true on order confirmation page. Is this normal and I should just be patient and wait 4 - 6 weeks for my points, or did I screw up?

POH
If AAdvantage eShopping does not ask for your AAdvantage number before sending you on to the merchant, then that merchant has a direct relationship with AA and manages their own mileage program. In that case, you should see something on the merchant site that let's you know that you came from AA. At the very least, they will have some way to enter your AAdvantage info during checkout.

If you are asked for your AAdvantage number before leaving the AAdvantage eShopping website, then they have only an affiliate relationship with AA and you will not see any indication on the website that you came from AA. In this case, your visit is tracked by using cookies and the merchant will not ask for your AAdvantage info.

Hope this helps...
Jhereg