FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using SkyMiles with Alaska Airlines
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:21 pm
jessman

Programs: NW worldperks
Originally Posted by JoeFlyer
I'm starting this thread because at midnight tonight, we can use our first SkyMiles on Alaska Airlines.

As of right now, Delta Special Member Services has no idea about the ability to mix miles with Delta flights. I am eagerly looking forward to making a couple of bookings when the clock strikes midnight and will post the rules on mixing with Delta.

I hope that UDH or ODH are able to post these rules when they are pushlished in the GRS system. It's kind of scary when a new partner is a mystery until the clock strikes midnight.
Some rules were published in advance. You will be able to mix AS flights with DL/CO/NW flights. The new award codes for these awards all start with T, example T111 for contiguous U.S./Alaska/Canada economy award travel. These award codes were formerly reserved for members of Skyteam alliance proper, but they will now be called "multi-airline" awards and include combinations of the Skyteam partners plus AS and AV (Avianca), leaving open the possibility of more airlines being added later.

I am much less certain as to what to expect from AS when it comes to availability on their flights. Good luck everyone.

I am an employee of Delta Air Lines, but I have no official status on these forums. For Delta's official word please feel free to contact Delta via the telephone or on www.delta.com

Last edited by jessman; Jan 9, 2005 at 7:24 pm