FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How can I ship luggage to USA from Barcelona?
Old Jan 7, 2005, 8:34 pm
ryanBOS

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ryanBOS
This is a good idea if it is not too expensive to ship. I know that a few years ago it was possible to ship from USA to France via a boat using the US Postal Service. At least I think it came on a boat, maybe it came with Lance Armstrong's bikes

From France however the rates were high using la Poste because the only option was air freight. Rate was about 5x higher and I only had a few pounds to ship (winter jacket, etc).

If your Spanish is good, you might want to try shipping from there (before your trip to Germany) or looking on the Spanish Post office website. Alternatively if your German is better, maybe you can fit the luggage on the plane or train over to Germany and then ship it when you arrive in Germany using the German postal service before you go on your trip.

In general the postal services should have the better rates. As to which is more expensive Spain, Germany or France I don't have a clue.. Also you might want to ask how long the transit will take..

bon voyage!
@:-)

Just a thought, How about calling the cruise company for a shipping rate. I don't know if it is possible, but maybe they could add it to your tab..