FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the Difference between a Hampton Inn and a Hilton Garden Inn?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:29 am
cordelli
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Not even a choice to be made if it's Homewood vs. HGI for a long term stay. Homewood easily wins out. Having a full size fridge, a stove and the space (especially if they upgrade you to a huge room, though if it's just you it's a total waste to be able to sleep 8 in a room for one with two baths).

I swear, just being able to bet a six pack or a couple bottles of diet coke, come home and open a bottle or fill a normal sized glass (not 3 oz plastic thing) with ice and kick back and make dinner once in a while is so worth it. The evening snack is nice if you are funning in and out to dinner or something too.

If it's HGI vs HI, then it's more of a choice, I'd probably go for the HGI and full breakfast. I also like the pantry credit for a soda and ice cream bar at the end of the day.

I have never heard a peep from anybody at all my homewood stays, indeed I always felt like I was the only person in the place. It was freakishly quiet.

But if long term and Homewood is one of the choices, I'd always choose that.