FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - thinking about joining......
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2004, 12:50 am
jetsettergirl

I work for jetBlue as a flight attendant

I have been a flight attendant for jetBlue for three years. It is a great job for a few reasons, I have 18 days off a month, I am full time. The flight benefits are great! I get to meet new people all the time. If you want to work with the company on inflight there are a few things. First go to jetblue.com. Go to work here. Select inflight, and it will give you an option for new york, long beach or fort lauderdale. You can only apply during the first 7 days of the month. After you do your application, its on to part 2. The interview process is three steps. First is the phone interview. It might take up to three months for them to call you, so don't get upset. They will ask you to read a paragraph from something, anything, just to hear diction I am assuming. Step 2 is onto your big interview. Look nice. Prefer a suit, hair done up, and nice make up. You meet with a big group of other people going for the same job. You do fun excercises. The final step is 3, the same day as the big interview, there is sort of this one on one. But it is not really one on one. It is like five on one. Just have a great time. Enjoy yourself. That is what it is about. If you do not live in the NY, Fort Lauderdale or Longbeach CA area, you must be willing to commute. Also from what I hear, reserve is close to a year now. Reserve basically means, if they need you, they use you. They can call you as little as two hours before the flight.

It is a very easy job, well most of the time...lol...it is dealing with the public after all, but overall, good job. Good luck!

Keep a big smile...they love big smiles...and people who love people!