FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to convert VHS to DVD?
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2004, 5:18 pm
GDIW

Originally Posted by GDIW
I bought a DVD recorder for the same purpose. It works great. Time consuming to copy all the VHS tapes - but the end result is good.
Remeber this just a few days ago..........well Murphy must have been reading FT because the DVDR will no longer record! Says Disc Warning then Disc Error then forgets what ever it had been putting on the disc. The Phillips Customer Service tells me it needs new heads? Thought the thing worked with a laser? Probably more expensive than it is worth so am considering a new one.

So many of you that have replied here seem to know all the details of these things so please advise -

I have come across this DVD information at Best Buy that I will paste below. It claims to record to a hard drive and then to the DVD+R disc. It doesn't mention needing a Tivo subscription or similar. Does anyone have any information about this type of unit? And/or recommendations of which one to buy?

Thank you.

Philips Progressive-Scan DVD+R/+RW Recorder with 120GB Hard Disk/i.LINK DV Input

Model: HDRW720

This DVD recorder lets you store up to 190 hours worth of your favorite TV shows, movies and sporting events on the hard disk drive. Record the programming onto DVD+R/+RW discs and you'll compile a DVD library for the ages.

Built-in 120GB hard disk drive (HDD) for up to 190 hours of TV recording
Pause live TV or watch an instant replay at any time without missing any of the programming
Progressive-scan video output maximizes the picture quality when used with a digital TV or monitor

Last edited by GDIW; Dec 2, 2004 at 5:52 am