FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need Help finding a hotel for MLK weekend
Old Nov 17, 2004, 10:28 am
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Need Help finding a hotel for MLK weekend

I'll be in Vegas from 1/14-16 & I'm looking for a room - I don't want to pay more than about 150 per night (need 2 beds in the room) & if I'm paying that much, then I'd like to stay on the strip. I realize that 150 isn't much, but to me, that's expensive. I've got reservations at the La Quinta Tropicana for 39.50/night, using the SWA50 rate code - but when I made the reservation, it said that all I needed to do was ask for the rate & now, when I tried repricing, just to see if it was available, it says that the SWA50 promotional mailer is required at check-in (and I don't have the mailer).

I've got about 55K HH points & 2 x Category 4 Marriott awards that my parents got with their MR Visa cards that I can use if there was availability (which I haven't checked yet, but I know that the new Renaissance & the Marriott Suites are Category 5 properties) - I would like to stay ideally on the strip, but not on the Circus Circus side, but on the Luxor/Excalibur or central side.

Does anyone have any recommendations of reasonably priced hotels within walking distance (in January) of the strip? We have a rental car reserved, but we don't want to count on having to use it as I may cancel it. I tried Priceline for 4 & 5 star hotels upto 110/night, but am having problems since it's a holiday weekend. 3-stars brings undesirable locations into the mix.