FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)
Old Oct 27, 2004, 1:38 pm
NKC

Exclamation

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I think he's trying to say that he already has a coporate rate code and he entered that code into the "Corporate # Special Rate" Box on the hyatt.com reservations page. Hyatt doesn't just list corp codes on their website.

Exactly. Because they are what is known as 'volume' accounts. There are many many company rates, many more than I have seen talked about in these forums. They are contracted through Hyatt Sales and are meant for specific employees of particular companies; this information is usually faxed in by the company and filed at the front office for accounting + guest recognition purposes. The specified company then gets faxed back, on the day of or day before arrival, the rooming list for all their 'employees' utilizing their negotiated rate for the given date. Whether these companies have audited this information to the fullest extent, I am unsure of, but your identifying information, name, address, phone number, (not sure of gold passport number), as well as your credit card information that was used to guarantee/pay for the negotiated company rate, does in fact get forwarded to the company, per contractual agreement with Hyatt.