FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints
Old Oct 16, 2004, 12:50 pm
chemist661
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Easysabre & United Connection were superior.

Originally Posted by UAMythbuster
Hey, I think the reason it does that is because how the website is designed to always give the lowest fare, and If an e-cert with a higher fare class is more expensive it will default to the better price. I would sugest changing the "Sort by" field in the "More Search options" to something other than price. Also a good way to trick it in an occurance like this is to use the upgrade eligability dropdown and select something like "Miles - Y,B" or "Miles - M, H". I hope that helps you out on that. If the website could do all of the stuff that all of you more expirienced travelers required, it would make it Imposible for all of the first-timers and less frequent travelers to use.

~
ALL opinions expressed by me are not necessarily the opinions of United Airlines. United Airlines is in no way responsible for what I say here.
With easysabre, one was able to book by booking class. That site was text based and very simple to use. Very easy to see fare class availablity. Easysabre got eliminated in year 2000.

With United Connection, one can do book & holds, book with fare class, etc. That got eliminated in July 2001 if I recall correctly. I only do very simple itineraries with united.com. I go to expedia, travelocity & see what they give me. I then try to book on united.com if it is an internet only fare. Save the booking fee & get the mileage bonus. If it was a regular published fare, I would call the 1K line & do a book/hold.

I even booked a ticket on the AA site. (aa.com). I was able to get it to work well & was able to book a 10 segment trip on it. (for a promo! ^ )

How about being able to do CS(25-?)'s, VDB vouchers, etc. on line? I hate having to go to the airport to do a CS25. On CO.com, I booked two of their VDB vouchers online. Just inputed a voucher # and a password based code. Very easy to do.

I would use united.com more when I can book by specific fare class, etc.