FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH increases[/reduces] fuel surcharge
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2004, 6:02 pm
Sydfly

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
I already had a chance to vent my anger in the *Alliance forum a while ago

But really, I would love to know whether there is nobody overseeing these sort of airline behaviour as it clearly is not customer friendly. Any kind of watchdog out there where complaints are taken seriously???

I really think it's about time to stop the airlines from surcharging. As I said in the thread above, EVERYTHING should be part of the ticket price (except for the taxes maybe, they can vary by route and e.g. RTW ticket tax can vary quite significantly). After all, all other surcharges make up the price of your ticket and it clearly should be part of the ticket price determined solely by origin and destination (security cost, fuel cost, sector charges, meal cost, ground handling, wages, plane maintenance etc). I'm serious, if iron prices rise, will they impose a "Maintenance tool surcharge" as all the equipment to service the plane will become more expensive? I'm sorry, I think the line is already crossed too far already.

I mean, will they ever take away security surcharges? I don't think so. They are here to stay...so, make them part of the ticket price. Same with all the other surcharges. Make them part of the ticket price, otherwise those "free tickets" end up costing more and more money and this is just another way to devaluate our points.

I think this should be a topic for Milesbuzz. What do you think. Is there really nothing we can do? Can the airlines decide what they want to charge us on top of the ticket price?