FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pine Cliffs Hotel, Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal [Master Thread]
Old Sep 28, 2004, 7:31 pm
Retired FF

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jchand
I am intrested in a trip like the above. How far are the Lisbon hotel from the Sheraton Algarve and what is the best way to get between thw two ??? Hire a car, Train or Cab ( I take it a cab would be out of the question as I guess it is quite a long way),

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I took the trip last April to Lisboa and to Algarve. IN Lisboa, you do not need a car as the public transport and the taxis are very cheap and much safer than driving. Having said that I had my wallet stolen as I was trying to get on a public bus ( there are professional thieves who will crowd behing you in a group and push you in the bus/train pretending to get on the bus in a hurry and then pick your pocket. it happened to me in Paris also, but I caught the guy in Paris) so make sure to protect your wallet.

In Algarve, you will need a car IF you wish to get out of the resort and visit nearby places. We chose to take a luxury bus from Lisboa ato Algrave which took about 2.5 to 3 hours on an excellent highway and we got to enjoy the scenary. Once in Algarve, we took a taxi (again very cheap) to the resort and rented a car at the resort. In hind sight, I should have picked up a car right next to the bus stop and saved myself a few dollars over renting through the resort. Enjoy your trip. Mukesh