FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Cincinnati Airport {US-KY}
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2004, 11:04 pm
NOLA Flyer

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
I just named the offending hotel.

I evacuated New Orleans earlier in the week to my inlaws in Lafayette (home of Cajun country, 130 miles west of NO), which turned into a 12 hour drive from hell. Flew out from LFT on a biz trip to DAY last night and was trying to get back to Lafayette tonight. Didn't happen, as my flight through ATL was cancelled.

Plan to return to NO over the weekend. It's been a rough week, but at least NO got spared of a direct hit.

Zip check in lets you present your credit card you booked the room with and you're supposed to be done in 30 seconds. More like 10 minutes for me. The person I was dealing with in the HH line was also answering phones, while the others checking people in the normal line were not.

Originally Posted by Jeeves
Not sure why you want to keep the hotel unnamed. If you tell us which hotel it was, other can pipe in and share their experiences at the same place.

I personally haven't used Zip Check-in, so I don't know what is involved. Can you share some details about what made it take so long. I usually just go to the HH line or do the regular check in. I almost always use the Zip Check out.

While your slow check in and bad info about room service was an annoyance, I am sure there are lots of other disgruntled travelers today dealing with Hurricane Ivan. At least you have power and a roof over your head.

Good luck with the rest of your trip.