FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Cincinnati Airport {US-KY}
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:01 pm
NOLA Flyer

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Hilton Cincinnati Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

My flight through ATL was cancelled, so I booked a room at the Cincy Hilton Airport online and checked the HH Zip-In check box. Got to the hotel after waiting over 20 minutes for the slow hotel shuttles to pick up the 2 dozen or so people waiting impatiently at the airport baggage claim.

Got in the HH Zip-In line at the front desk, while 8 or so other people checked in normally. All those people were gone by the time my Zip-In check in was complete.

Was told by the person at the front desk who checked me in that room service was open until 10:30p, for which I had 15 minutes before they closed.

Got to my room and looked up the menu, which read Room Service was closed at 10p. I called the number anyway, and after a couple of dozen rings, the front desk picked up. They told me that room service was closed.

I decided to walk over to Applebee's a block away for a quick bite, and when I passed by the front desk-I made the snide comment that "room service closes at 10p" to the guy who checked me in. He apologized. Someone else at the desk overheard and told him "I can't believe you told him that...."

At least they put me on the Executive level.

This is the way my day has been. I'm still kinda seething, so I just called the manager on duty to voice my displeasure. I'll keep y'all posted.

Last edited by NOLA Flyer; Sep 16, 2004 at 10:53 pm