FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Funeral at Arlington National Cemetary - Need Hotel Suggestions
Old Aug 29, 2004, 8:51 pm
pbjag

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
If you've got to book several rooms, is Priceline the way to go? I just had a look at www.biddingfortravel.com; don't use the Virginia listings, but check out Washington DC itself. It has a section for Arlington as well as one for Crystal City.
I am thinking about that. Never used Priceline, but there only seem to be a few 3* hotels in the area and any of them would be OK.

I did just reserve a room at the Hyatt Arlington for the AAA rate of $216. That's fine for me...but the terms say only one room per AAA member. Hyatt would not permit point redemption for 2 nights during the week, so I cannot help out the cousins.

Darn, why didn't I work on Hyatt FFN this summer?!!

Anyone have any input on the Sheraton Pentagon Old Alexandria? Recently renovated, rooms look nice in the pix and only 3-4K Starwood points per night; I could accomodate several relatives fairly easily.

Then again (and here is the flyertalker in me...) I guess if I can't redeem points for the cousins' rooms, I could pay for their rooms and earn points....

Oh and the good news is we don't need to be walking/metro distance because the funeral home transporting Dad to Arlington will provide limo service.

Last edited by pbjag; Aug 29, 2004 at 8:57 pm