FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Coach Seating on Lufthansa for United Premier Exec
Old Aug 27, 2004, 5:53 pm
transpac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mcg1000
It might be worth trying a different agent as I think "cross-pollination" on Star carriers is increasing. Not sure how strict LH is but Air New Zeland also reserves exit rows for its Premier members, but recently let me snag one in advance with United 2P. (Although I was actually at the city ticket office and was looming over the agent at my usual 6'6" ). Speaking of which, if you are tall, I've found that a politely worded fax to the airline explaining that you are among that freakish percentage of the population that is over six feet has always secured me an exit row. Even on United when I didn't have status.
I am 1.98m and this has gotten me jack do-do with regards to an exit row seat in Y on LH prior to check-in (note that I am a Senator on LH M&M). Prior to making 1P and 1K, I did not have any luck pre-confirming an exit row in Y, and I was tall then. Couldn't anyone send a fax saying they were tall? Nothing the OP posted indicates that they might be talll, freakishly or otherwise.