FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Coach Seating on Lufthansa for United Premier Exec
Old Aug 27, 2004, 3:15 pm
ploo

Originally Posted by mgi
I am a United Premier Exec (Star Allaince Gold). I have an upcoming trip booked in Coach on Lufthansa. When I called to request an exit row/bulkhead seat on the flights, the agent advised me that those are held for Lufthansa Premier's only. Wanted to check if that is indeed the policy or if I should call again and try another agents...Sadly the Lufthansa agents are not as great as the United Premier Exec Desk.
I have sat in exit row seats for LH, (as UA1K) but this situation was a little different. My wife and I checked in to a UA international flight (at SFO) connecting to a LH inter european flight. We were given boarding cards for both flights. We didn't ask for exit rows, and we were plesantly surprised when we boarded our LH flight and found us in a nice roomy exit!

So the bottom line is that you CAN sit in an exit row without being a LH premier, but getting LH to put you there might be a different story...