FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)
Old Aug 22, 2004, 1:30 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The previous GM of the PHT told me that they ALWAYS request evidence of discount code eligibility from new guests at check-in. While many hotels don't bother, they all are entitled to, and here is at least one hotel which always does. Hence, you are taking a risk.

It's a more interesting question whether that risk is a risk worth taking. If you are caught, the worst that could happen is that you have to pay rack rate, and could leave after one night. As this doesn't present ethical concerns to many people, in the absence of specific information about a property, many might try.

However, if you do get caught, it probably IS unethical to try to generate "bad press" for the hotel in a misguided effort to punish them for enforcing something that they have a perfect right to enforce. I have heard of cases where that has happened, too.
thanks for the info. I don't think I'm gonna risk it. I'll probably just use points to stay there for 3 nights and just pay whatever the rate is for another couple of days.