FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best seats in WBC on MD-11
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2004, 7:39 pm
anandrag

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
BA's Club World seats are far, far better than the KL WBC seats, which were state-of-the-are perhaps ten years ago. On flights where I need to get some sleep, I will fly BA over KL even if it means a transfer in the zoo that is LHR. I haven't been on the new WBC on the 777's, which is said to be a lot better, but on the MD-11 it's a painful experience IMHO. (Not that the CW seats are perfect; they're rather narrow and hard, and BA's IFE is in dire need of upgrading...)
Agree with you. Spent many hours in WBC going to Asia on KLM over last few years and not the best seats. I haven't been on the 777's or the NW 330's so wondering how they are. Come to think of it, i don't think I have ever been in WBC on the 11 either. Done many in NW's DC-10s which must rate as the worst BC value for $ of any major airline.
Regarding BA: I am going to Coventry as my first stop so BA made sense for the way over to Europe anyway. I would say that the CW seats are quite good though, with the position of the headrest when flat being my biggest complaint