FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - evalöuating my inner-australian flight options for january 2002
Old Oct 5, 2001, 1:28 am
Rudi
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
evalöuating my inner-australian flight options for january 2002

In late summer 2001 I made bookings with AN (but didn't have to pay yet) for some inner-Australian flights in late january-2002 (after the Australian Tennis Open in Melbourne), covering: Melbourne - Cairns, Cairns - Canberra, Canberra - Melbourne. I used the (AN/NZ) G'Day-segment-pass available for overseas costumers.

After AN was grounded, my travel agent (LH's office in ZRH) made alternative reservations (nothing paid yet) with Qantas for the same itinerary.

With Qantas (or any of their partners) I have no status, and will not have one in the future either. I can (at this time, but not sure about january 2002) get credit for the miles into my Qualiflyer account (which seems to be ok even with a bancrupt SR), status miles play no role for me with Qualiflyer.

With (former) AN I had the option of getting mileage (and status mileage) credit into my Mileage Plus (UA) or miles&more (LH) account AND (more important for me) to have lounge access (with my Star-Gold-status).

I am following your psost about the restart of Ansett-II, and feel a lot of sympathie for them.

How do you judge the chances, that AN-II might:
* fly to Cairns in january 2002
* might 'renew' Star-membership
* might reopen lounges in Melbourne, Sydney, Cairns, Canberra until january 2002
* offer something similar as the G'Day-segment-pass?