FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Driving Cape Town to Port Elizabeth
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2004, 3:58 pm
cangst

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
Can I enquire about where you intend to stop along the way to Cape Town? I only ask because I do road trips down there often; actually taking a friend from the States there in two weeks. You must stop at Tsitsikama Park... I always stay in a lodge there that sits beneath high cliffs, has gorgeous ocean views and the surf is amazing, huge. Are you going to Cape Agulhas? (The southern most part of Africa, not Cape of Good Hope!)
Thanks so much for the response SchmeckFlyer! Here is our 'tentative' itinerary:
We arrive in JNB on Dec 22 late evening and stay overnight at the airport. Then we take an early morning flight JNB-PE. We pick up a car and drive to Kwandwe Nature Reserve for a 3 day/2night stay. Then we head to Plett for a 2 night stay at Plettenberg Hotel. Then on to Knysna for two nights at a place called Phantom Forest. We then have to make a bit of a long drive from Knysna to Franschhoek. We are allowing about 5-6 hrs for this trip but think it will be slightly less (we will have done lots of day trips along the garden route and coast while in Knysna and Plett). After a few nights in wine country we are headed into Cape Town for 2-3 nights and staying in the Camps Bay area. We are still open for 2 nights beyond Camps Bay and we are deciding whether to go back to the wine country or stay somewhere between CT and PE. Then we head back to Joburg for 2 final nights. Any suggestions or are we making any major blunders?