FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints
Old Jul 9, 2004, 7:54 am
redburgundy

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Originally Posted by Stanford_1K
I second the "infinite loop" comment -- lord help us if anyone understands the relationship between united.com, itn.net, and ua2go.com, all of which service the web site at one point or another.
Here is my understanding of the infinite loop problem. It relates to the cookie(s) that is/are set when you login, and the timeout period for a login.

If you login, and then don't actively use the site for some period of time, a timeout occurs and you have to login again. For pages that are on ua2go.com (such as itineraries and upgrade summary), this creates some kind of unresolvable problem that appears as an infinite loop and finally an error message. The only solution is to close the browser (close all instances of the browser), which erases the cookie(s).

I use Mozilla as my browser for all web sites except united.com, and I use MSIE solely for united.com, and I close MSIE and then reopen it whenever I encounter the timeout.